Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Dancing!

Wow - long time no update. Pearson life swallows you up, and doesn't really ever spit you back out. It has been such a beautiful time though. Orientation ended, and just like that classes started. First week was a bit slow, as they always are, but I'm at the start of my second week of classes and am gratefully starting to get a little bit more comfortable with how things are going! I was pondering switching Philosophy to History, but an interest in the subject's abstract thinking forms & newness to me have convinced me otherwise!

One moment I'd like to blog about what Yorle's birthday last week. At Pearson, birthdays are a beautiful special day, and September has had tons, some days there are 3 birthdays at once! I've not been closely involved in planning one, but from observation and participation, it seems that we normally sing the birthday song at least once every meal time, which is preceded by loud banging on the caf tables (the best way to get quiet during loud and noisy mealtimes!). There's also normally a party held somewhere on campus, with a birthday video where people around campus wish many happy returns, and sometimes there is dancing following the video. The dancing really depends on the person whose birthday it is - so I was excited for Yorle's party, as I knew there was sure to be exciting Latin music and dancing. I wasn't wrong!

What took place after her video was so exciting, vibrant and colorful. The beat of Latin music is so infectious that it fills every pore of your body and just begs for you to move. To sit back and watch my beautiful friends glide and move and feel the music through their body was an incredible experience, and I'm so excited for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

update!

Hey! writing this from the observatory: the wind is picking up and my fingers are starting to swell slightly, so this may be briefer than ...