Monday, September 4, 2017

Update

Hey! Sorry for not posting for a bit - Pearson has this great thing where there's no wifi in the house for the first two months of the year to encourage socializing, so wifi can be found in the student commons or in the library. I've not spent much time on the internet at all, so I've not been down to the library much, and have really just been typing blog posts in my notes. I finally just posted them though - after a slight delay.

It's been 5 days here at Pearson now. Orientation is in full swing! I went kayaking this morning while another group took the vans to East Sooke Park. The weekend was wonderful - two walks to Matheson Lake, then further onto the cliffs for cliffjumping & Cougar Ridge (what a stunning view). Sunny, lake swimming. It felt almost like a holiday! I've also misplaced my phone on campus so I'm trying my hardest to find that, and this is also the reason I've probably not replied to your messages, but don;t worry, I'm alive.

I've made good friends with my Italian housemate, Marta. As well as Morganne, and Adrita, and Alma. I also get along well with my coyears like Lara, Anne Sophie, and of course my roommates are really starting to bond with each other (I hope).

Will write more soon (and definitely upload pictures, as soon as I find my phone!).

Bye!
Love,
Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment

update!

Hey! writing this from the observatory: the wind is picking up and my fingers are starting to swell slightly, so this may be briefer than ...