Thursday, September 28, 2017

1 Month!

Hello,

It's been one month at Pearson today. That seems so crazy to me! Both because "I can't believe it's already one month" and "has it only been one month?". I feel so grateful and happy to be a part of this community, next to the Pacific, in the middle of nowhere.

Whenever I see the sun hit the wispy strands hanging from the trees, or Pedder Bay glinting in the sunlight, or hearing Dina cackle, or squinting at Morgane, or hugging Marta, or smiling at everyone and saying hello, or hearing "How are you? Really really how are you?" at least once a day. Whenever these things happen I'm so happy to be reminded that I am here, because it's easy to get swept up in it all, and forget where you are. And how special a time it is.

Which is why one month hitting is a weird feeling for me. The time has been spent so fully, and so meaningfully for me. A week ago, I couldn't believe it had only been 3 weeks since it felt like 3 months! Maybe it's just the word "month" that makes me change my view. I've been thinking about the construct of time, and how I interact with it, and what it can do for me (a good reminder to do things that have a time limit) or what it does badly for me (make me dwell on a number that I have no control over). It's a confusing thing, but I'll keep thinking about it.

Academics are going a bit slowly since it's the start, but I'm on top of my work. School life is packed with homework, socializing, CAS, student jobs, and other duties around the school. I hope to sit down tomorrow and try to remember what I wanted to do at Pearson before I arrived, and to see if any of it is feasible. But right now, I'm off to bed!

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

update!

Hey! writing this from the observatory: the wind is picking up and my fingers are starting to swell slightly, so this may be briefer than ...