Thursday, July 20, 2017

Intro

Hi! My name's Theo, I'm 16, from Singapore, and in August of 2017, I'll be going to UWC Lester B Pearson College of the Pacific, as part of Year 44.

That fact still hasn't quite hit me yet. And, I doubt it really will for a while, as I take quite a while to realize things like this. My happiness, excitement, and joy have coalesced into one feeling that seizes my stomach and makes me want to run and jump all over!!

Right now, with just over a month till new students are to arrive at the college, I'm spending my summer in Singapore, working at a French restaurant. I've been spending a lot of my spare time reading other Pearson students' blogs on their time there. The way that these blogs capture moments at Pearson has inspired me to start my own blog. Hopefully, I manage to maintain this blog and have something to look back on!

A little info about Pearson; it is located on Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada. It has up to 200 students, from more than a 100 countries, and I will be studying the International Baccalureate Diploma. I'm still currently in the process of choosing my subjects, and I think I've almost come to a conclusion. I'm also currently figuring out visas and such, as my first application got rejected! :O

There have been a few more steps towards Pearson, I was added to a Facebook group with my year last week, and today we got a survey about our house parents. It is an exciting time, and I will update this blog soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

update!

Hey! writing this from the observatory: the wind is picking up and my fingers are starting to swell slightly, so this may be briefer than ...